domingo, 6 de septiembre de 2015

Sunday Song - El Profeta

I have to shout, I have to take risk...I have to walk, I have to fight...how can I not speak if Your voice burns inside me?
That's my kind of Christianity. The question isn't how could we get involved in righting the wrongs of the world, it's how couldn't we. The apostles knew this undeniable call. When Jesus calls Simon Peter and Andrew, "... they left their nets at once and followed him." (Mark 4:20) There's no waiting period, no packing the bags, no finishing up the mending of the nets. Jesus is calling, it's time to go. 

When He calls, how can we not answer? The Gospel isn't a nice set of stories, it's a box of matches, and we're the kindling. God's voice is burning inside, who are we to stay silent?
It's time to fight, because my people are suffering.
 Jesus is calling, it's time to go. 


Fun extra: The group Siembra that's performing in this video performed the song at one of our Thursday night volunteer masses. They were here to lead the choir for FyA 44's anniversary mass. 

Translation after the jump.



Antes que te formaras
dentro del vientre de tu madre,
antes que tú nacieras,
te conocía y te consagré,
para ser mi profeta
de las naciones, yo te escogí,
irás donde te envíe,
lo que te mande proclamarás.

Coro
Tengo que gritar, tengo que arriesgar,
ay de mí si no lo hago,
cómo escapar de Ti, cómo no hablar,
si tu voz me quema dentro.

Tengo que andar, tengo que luchar,
ay de mí si no lo hago,
cómo escapar de Ti, cómo no hablar,
si tu voz me quema dentro.

No temas arriesgarte
porque contigo Yo estaré.
No temas anunciarme
porque en tu boca yo hablaré.
Te encargo hoy mi pueblo
para arrancar y derribar,
para edificar,
construirás y plantarás.

Deja a tus hermanos,
deja a tu padre y a tu madre,
abandona tu casa
porque la tierra gritando está.
Nada traigas contigo
porque a tu lado yo estaré,
es hora de luchar,
porque mi pueblo sufriendo está.


Before you were formed
in the womb of your mother,
before you were born ,
I knew and I consecrated you
to be my prophet
of the nations, I chose you,
You will go where I send you ,
what I tell you you will proclaim.

Chorus
I have to shout , I have to take risks,
Woe is me if I do not,
how can escape from You, how can I not speak speak,
if your voice burns inside me.

I have to walk, I have to fight,
Woe is me if I do not,
how can escape from You, how can I not speak speak,
if your voice burns inside me.

Fear not risking yourself
because I will be with you.
Fear not announce announcing me
because in your mouth I will speak .
Today I charge you my people
to uproot, to topple,
to build ,
you will construct and you will plant.

Leave your brothers ,
leave your father and your mother ,
abandon your home
for the earth is crying out.
Bring nothing with you
because I will be by your side ,
It 's time to fight ,
because my people are suffering 


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario