sábado, 5 de marzo de 2016

Quarterly Review 5 - Video

It helps, now and then, to step back
and take the long view.
-Prayer Honoring Pd. Oscar Romero

Yesterday was the first Quarterly Review of my second year. I'm sure you were all quivering with anticipation, and have reread my wise reflection many times, memorizing the most eloquent passages.*

But on the off chance that you aren't into reading reflections upon a life experience you've never had, I've got something else for you. Something new and multi-media.**

It's a video! And by video I mean fancy slideshow of pictures with 11 seconds of a video of people dancing that you saw already. Many of the pictures you'll recognize from old posts (or from my sister's facebook), but there's some new things as well. Here's my step back, my long view of the last three months.


The idea is to give a visual overview of significant moments of the past three months. I picked “On Top of the World” by Imagine Dragons for two reasons. 
  1. In the last three months I climbed Salkantay pass with Kevin, putting us both as high above sea level as we'd ever been.***  
  2. Receiving visits from Mom, Dad, Nora, and Kevin had me feeling like I was on top of the world.

Photo credits to Nora Hill, Rachel Krofcheck, a Spanish tourist at Macchu Picchu, the waitress at the fish farm restaurant, and me.

Events shown in this video:

  • My family's (mother, father, sister) visit including
    • a lunch out with my friends Mari, Bobby, and their children  
    • making gingerbread cookies with Hermana Rosario        
    • our stay in the town of Urubamba
  • My best friend Kevin's visit including  
    • Macchu Picchu  
    •  a glacial lake 
    •  hiking Slakantay pass 
  • Ocongate Summer Camp
    • Classroom time 
    •  Play time   
    • A picture of Rachel and me with Saldívar, the other young person working at the camp  
    •  The Yunsada   
  • A trip to Marca Pata (a town on the side of the Andes that descends toward the rainforest)
  •   The trip to Pacchanta  
  • The tour of the Barroque Route done with the 2016 community and Erin's and my families.

*Rhetorical gems like “Christopher Robin never moved to Peru.” or “...you come and you leave.”
**Multi-media is all the rage these days.
***Discounting plane flights. That's totally different.


2 comentarios:

  1. This is awesome, Ben! What a treat it is to be able to get a tiny glimpse of your community and life in the Andes.
    What app/software did you use to make the video/slideshow?
    Amor y abrazos de su familia en Newton
    xoxo

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Glad you liked it! It was lots of fun to mkae. All the videos I've made are done on a template on iMovie.

    ResponderBorrar